October City Take-Up over 400,000 sq ft
An October 2016 City of London office market survey by property adviser Ingleby Trice recorded 39,183 sq m (421,760 sq ft) of take-up in the core area: “a healthy rise of 35% over September and a material 76% rise over the 6 monthly average of 22,233 sq m (239,311 sq ft)”
The survey says that October’s City take up was the highest since April 2016 and the highest since the June referendum. October’s take up was also this year’s second highest at just over twice the total in October 2015 and includes:
• 8 Finsbury Circus, EC2 – 17,460 sq ft on 7th floor – placed under offer to an incoming tenant (see Metropolis database for further details).
• River Building, Cannon Bridge, EC4 – 51,500 sq ft at Riverside 1 – placed under offer to Deliveroo who is moving from the West End. The refurbishment is due to complete in Q1 2017.
• Cannon Place, 78 Cannon Street, EC4 – 83,937 sq ft on pt 7th & 6th floors to an as yet undisclosed occupier.
• 99 Gresham Street, EC2 – 17,250 sq. ft on G & 1st floors – placed under offer to a, so far, mystery tenant.
• The Scalpel, 52 Lime Street, EC3 – 46,983 sq ft on 2nd to 4th floors – placed under offer to an insurance tenant (see Metropolis for further details). The scheme is a new Grade A office tower development due to complete in Q4 2017.
• 15 Bishopsgate, EC2 – 62,884 sq ft in the entire building – placed under offer. The office development due to complete in June 2017.
October’s City of London fringe take up of 43,194 sq m (464,940 sq ft) represents a significant 31% rise over September and was this year’s highest . Deals included:
• C Space, 37-45 City Road, EC1 – 15,391 sq. ft on pt 3rd & 4th floors to NeuLion;
• White Collar Factory, 100 City Road, EC1 – 25,360 sq ft on 14th & 15th floors – placed under offer to an incoming tenant (see Metropolis for further details).
• 1&2 Paris Gardens, SE1 – 62,425 sq ft on LG, G & 1st to 4th floors under offer to a serviced office tenant.
• The Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, SE1 – 65,000 sq ft on 6th & pt 7th floors placed under offer to a banking tenant (see Metropolis for further details).
• Southbank Central, Vivo, Stamford Street, SE1 – 72,080 sq. ft on 1st to 3rd floors – placed under offer to an incoming tenant (see Metropolis for further details).
Details of these deals and many other impending London moves are to be found on www.metroinfo.co.uk