Central London office development market, summer 2017
The latest Metropolis ‘Skyline’ survey of the central London office development market for the period December 2016 to June 2017 has just been completed by Metropolis and Cityoffices.
- The survey brings readers all the statistics on the 101 office schemes in central London currently under construction and tenant activity connected to those schemes, right up to date to June 2017.
- The survey, compiled after many hours of street surveys, telephone research and crosschecking, takes a snapshot of the central London office construction in Q2 2017, recent completions, recent pre-letting activity and looks ahead to future pipeline projects that will shape the next three years.
- The report looks at the volume of construction underway, lists the major new scheme starts and looks at the proportion of refurbishment space compared to new builds. The report breaks down office construction by London district: City, West End, Midtown etc, as well as major recent building completions.
- The survey also looks at occupier demand, with recent trends in pre-letting including examples of recent deals and a comparison with each of the last ten years.
- The report then turns to the future pipeline including the 29 schemes currently at site preparation stage and 200 schemes with planning consent awaiting a start date.
- Finally, it concludes with some forecasts for London office development based on current trends and makes predictions for London occupier demand over the rest of 2017 based on Metropolis’ detailed London office tenant research.
Metropolis Subscribers will receive a free copy of the ‘Skyline’ survey in late July/early August 2017. If you would like further details on the survey or are interested in subscribing to Metropolis please email email@example.com.
Copyright Metropolis Property Research Ltd 2017